Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I hate summer

Well, for starters, its WAY too hot. And I know that it could be worse if I lived in Arizona or somewhere else where it gets to be up to 108 on a "cool"day. But I am personally more of a winter type. Where I get an hour of extra sleep and the days are shorter and the nights are long and cold. What can I say? I'm a happy goth. IN THE WINTER. The only possible thing that could barley make summer liveable is that where I happen to live, in the summer, the bats come out to play. And when this happens, there is no other moment in my life that I could possibly be happier. (Besides of course my first day of Honors Language A) So why you ask is summer so much more miserable to me then it is to most other life forms on earth? I'll give you my top three reasons.
1. School is over.
2. It's WAY too hot.
3. My (evil) mom makes me wake up at six o'clock in the morning to do the one thing that I hate most in this world besides the color pink. Swim.
And some of you may enjoy swimming at the crack of dawn with little to no sleep to work with in below freezing temperature water. All I have to respond with is that you're not swimming compeditivley then. When you constantly have to worry about when your next swim meet is and what time it is and what your stupid mother just HAD to bring because she decided to help with concessions which entitles you to wake up two hours earlier than when people actually start arriving at the event, then every day is pretty much hell unless you're Miachel Phelps. So in each post so far I have put in a story about the topic that I'm trying to communicate and here it is. (If you're wondering why its kinda short it's because for me it's one o'clock in the morning.

Zak was preparing to swim the 500 meter butterfly and it was ten o'clock in the morning. He didn't dare question why his mother forced him to do this all the time because of the feared lashings he would get from her, but despite his supreme and utter hatred for the sport, Zak had to admit, he was getting pretty good at swimming. His best event was the one that the official was just about  to start. He climbed up onto the block. Listened, take your mark  and then, the crowd was silent. And for a few seconds, Zak wondered if the race would ever begin. But suddenly, the whistle was blown and Zak dove off the block and into the frigid waters below. He was ready to beat every boy in his age group, when all of Zak's excitement caused him to take a breath too early and he inhaled pure water. The water flooded his lungs and Zak died within seconds because he was unable to force oxygen into his lungs. He was dead before he passed his cheering mother on the sidelines.

Haha anyway, that was sort of graphic I know but I swear I thought this was happening to me at least more then once at my morning swim practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment